Frequently Asked Questions

This page contains answers to our current most commonly asked questions for full-time undergraduate students. We will update it continuously throughout the year. Part-time students should go to this section of the website.

I am trying to apply online but it is not recognising my email address, what should I do?
If you did not apply for funding in the 2017-2018 academic year you will need to re-register here.

I keep getting a message telling me my National Insurance number is already registered?
This means you already have an account with us. You can use the forgotten email address/password links in your online account

What can I do if my activation link has expired? You will need to call us on 0300 555 0505 and we will send you another one. Please wait 30 minutes before activating it.

My course is not on the drop down list.
You can select the option for “other” and manually type in your course title. You should then upload a copy of your offer letter through your online account.

Residence eligibility - I am not sure if I am eligibile for funding.
You can find detailed information here on our website.

I have studied before, am I still eligible for funding?
You can find more information on our previous study rules here on our website.

I have made my application but forgot to ask for fees/loan/bursary. What can I do?
To request fees or bursary, log into your online account and click on 'Submit Enquiry'. To apply for your loan, you will need to complete and return this form through the document upload service.

Temporary internet Files and cookies
If you are experiencing persistent problems with your online application, the first thing you should try is deleting your Temporary Internet Files. How you do this can differ depending on the browser you are using. This website will tell you what to do.