You must be studying an eligible course of higher education. The main types of full-time courses we fund are as follows.

  • Validated first degree courses at universities and colleges in the United Kingdom
  • Validated first degree courses at Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, University College Cork, University College Galway and University College Maynooth
  • One year Higher National Certificates (HNC)
  • Some graduate entry degrees (excluding fees and bursary)
  • Two year Higher National Diplomas (HND)
  • Diploma in Higher Education
  • Certificate of Higher Education

Funding is also available for certain courses at private-funded institutions.

There is no funding available for full-time distance learning courses.