Needs assessments

If you are applying for DSA for the first time or if your disability has changed significantly since you last applied, we will want you to have a needs assessment carried out.

A needs assessment is a report carried out by a qualified individual which lets us know the type of support and equipment you need to undertake your course.

Many colleges and universities have trained staff who can carry out needs assessments. However, if there is no one at your college or university who can do this, we can refer you to an Access Centre near where you live or study.

You can find a list of approved colleges, universities and Access Centres here.